by Francisca Trexler
Time is one of the most important parts of our lives, because without it we would not be able to have a saving connection with Jesus Christ!
Time is precious. Our time will be gone so very fast if we are not careful.
How can we avoid losing the connection with Jesus? Here are several suggestions:
1. Reduce your activities to a few. You don't need to be involved with too many activities that wear you out physically, mentally and spiritually.
2. Reduce hours of work if possible. It is wise to work only eight hours per day. God gives us one day a week for rest so we should not work seven days a week. We can live by working just five days a week. This should be enough to give us a good and simple life.
3. Limit your spending! Having many things does not make you happy. Be wise in handling your budget for necessary things such as food, utility bills and clothes.
4. Control your time with TV, movies, and other forms of entertainment. It is important to prioritize your family and focus your time with God.
5. Make plans for using your time as best you can instead of wasting precious time. It is good to plan ahead of our time.
6. Enjoy your simple and quiet time with the nature where you can focus more on God instead of going to the amusement parks, and sporting events such as football baseball, and basketball, etc. Limit your time in any sporting events because they cause your emotions to wear out. It is easy for us to forget God and our need for quietness.
7. Learn to schedule your time with people to talk with them, to discuss about the Bible, and enjoy their companionship. It would create the best moments for us.
8. Reduce your Go, Go, and Go! It is Satan's plan to cause us to lose our connection with Jesus Christ. Satan has a plan to keep us really busy all the time. He wants us to lose our relationship with Jesus Christ. Remember Satan always wants you to go in his way, not God's way..
What are your priorities? A priority is something that you put first or higher in order on your list.
Having priorities in our lives helps us to control and better use of our time.
Put God first thing in your life. Pray and ask God to help you better manage your time right. It is important to make things simple in your life just like Jesus Christ lived a simple life.
Let us ask God to help us to control our time and our lives wisely. Your mind and body will be restored spiritually if we control our time wisely.
May the Lord be with you as you try to control your time and make your plans ahead of time for Jesus Christ.