Adventist News

Is coming

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Am I Sure I am On God's Path?

by Francisca Trexler

A lot of people are not sure if they are on God's path. Often they asked themselves about this situation.

Surrender is the best way for most people to give their hearts to Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour. Surrender means a choice to give your heart [life] to Jesus Christ as a personal Saviour and Lord. No one is forced to give his or her heart to Jesus. The Holy Spirit influences the person to make a choice to follow Jesus Christ as their Saviour.

Being forced to obey can cause the heart to be far away from Jesus Christ. Also, forced obedience does not develop a good relationship with Jesus. There is no peace for this person.

So, how do we surrender fully to Jesus?

Spiritually, self has to die first. Galatians 2:20 (NIV) says: "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

This shows that we need to have Jesus Christ in our life. There is no trace of "I" in us. Self-surrender is the way to give your whole life to Jesus and follow His example.

No comments: