Adventist News

Is coming

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sin Separated Us from God

When Adam and Eve sinned, their first impulse was to hide themselves from God (Genesis 3:8). They hid because they recognized their nakedness. When God called Adam, Adam answered, "I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself" (Genesis 3:10).
Adam and Eve were stripped of their cloak of righteousness and stood naked before God. Sin caused a separation between God and humankind (Isaiah 59:2), and only in Christ are we reconciled to God. "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life" (Romans 5:10).
The message of reconciliation has been entrusted to the Church—to the Old Testament Church in type, and the New Testament Church in truth.
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto him, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God “(2 Corinthians 5:18-20).
In Christ we are reconciled with God. But as long as sin exists, face-to-face communication with God is not possible. The brightness of His glory would consume us. Whenever God has revealed Himself to humans, it was either in a dream or God veiled His glory. When God spoke to Israel from Mount Sinai, He warned them that they would die if they came too close.
The presence of God, although veiled in thick clouds, was so impressive that the people requested Moses to speak to them the words of God, lest they should die from the voice of God (Exodus 20:19). Even in vision, the prophets felt that they would die in the presence of God.
So I said, 'Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts” (Isaiah 6:5 NKJV).
In New Testament times, the situation was no different. When John saw Jesus in vision, he fell as dead (Revelation 1:17).

One day it will be possible again to stand before God and speak to Him face to face, "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face: Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known" (1 Corinthians 13:12 NKJV).
Our communication is hindered, but it will be restored. "For we know in part and we prophesy in part: But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away" (1 Corinthians 13:9-10 NKJV).

No comments: